Why you should choose Northern Wine School
Whether you’re in the hospitality industry and want to up-skill, thinking of a career change, are a student and want to increase your employability or are just interested in learning about wines and spirits- This course is for you.
For Level 1 & 2, NO previous experience is necessary! Just an enthusiastic approach to learning more about wine and spirits. Everything you need to know to become a globally recognised expert will be taught on the course, with all learning materials included.
Study alongside other people in a classroom course under the guidance of a certified educator with a great selection of tasting samples included, or at your own pace online from the comfort of your home with help and support from Northern Wine School.
Want to train your service staff? We can also run them in house for you, making use of your wine list.
Study with us and get these benefits:
- Get personal attention-small class sizes and support from John Callow DipWSET FWS
- Your best chance of success-top pass rate in the region. 100% currently
- Another way to study. 1st in The NW to offer WSET online courses and self study options. Learn at your own pace. Do the exam when ready.
- You will learn more effectively using our unique Academy online material in addition to your WSET resources
3 Ways to Study WSET Courses with Us:
Classroom: Full day or evening options. Guided study with WSET Certified tutor alongside other students, including fantastic tasting samples. Full access to our WSET Academy for your chosen level.
Online: 4, 5 or 9 week guided study with the WSET Online Classroom. Multiple start dates thoughout the year. Includes full use of our WSET Academy for your chosen level. Full email and phone support from a WSET Certified Educator.
Self study: Posted student pack. Flexible learning in your own time, and take the exam when ready. Includes full use of our WSET Academy for your chosen level. Full email and phone support from a WSET Certified Educator.
Which level do you want to study?
John Callow DipWSET FWS
After university, I worked in the drinks industry for some years. My real passion was in helping others choose and buy wine well. I decided to learn as much as possible about the wines and spirits I enjoyed. Over the years I have earned my WSET Diploma, been accepted by The Association of Wine Educators and become both a Certified Sherry, and Sake Educator.
My mission is to for you to gain more enjoyment from your favourite tipple. Whether a student in the trade or a wine enthusiast I want to help you benefit from my experience and knowledge.
I recently completed the WSET Level 2 course and examination with Northern Wine School. It really was an excellent course and was very well run & taught by John. I learnt a lot and got to taste some great wines.
Highly recommended! Phil Gregory
WSET® Awards In-House
We can come to you if you wish. Have your staff trained using your facilities, wines and wine list. This helps keep costs down and can be done at a time that suits you. WSET® Awards are recognised world wide as “the gold standard” qualifications in the trade. They are UK Government approved and regulated by Ofqual.
Having WSET® qualifications brings many benefits for you, your staff and your business:
- Enhances the reputation of your business
- Staff with these qualifications will increase your profits. They will have confidence to up-sell wines for example
- Knowledgeable staff will add to a positive customer experience
- This results in good reviews and further repeat business
- Your team will feel more valued resulting in improved retention
We look after everything from course material to final exams