Gain a Wine, Spirits or Sake Qualification in Just One Day!
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines, Spirits & Sake in Manchester and Liverpool
No experience necessary-this course is for YOU. A full and relaxing day where you will understand how to taste wine like a professional, using the WSET’s ‘Systematic Approach to Tasting’ (SAT).
Discover the main grape varieties and named wines, the regions that make them and the effects their climate has on the aromas and flavours. Also includes practical lessons in food and wine matching, plus correct storage and service procedures.
Course Fee Includes:
- Personal tuition by John Callow DipWSET FWS SWS in either Manchester or Liverpool.
- WSET® Level 1 Study Book, contains everything you need to know
- Carefully chosen range of high quality tasting samples
- A variety of flavours to help you understand the basics of food matching
- Fees for your exam at the end of the day
- For those who pass, a WSET® qualification certificate & lapel pin badge
- Membership of our exclusive Academy-loads of mock questions and more. This is in addition to all your WSET material- Have a chance to prepare and get a head start before the day
Course Dates For WSET® Level 1 Wines Manchester and Liverpool (1 Day)
Course Dates For WSET® Level 1 Sake Manchester and Liverpool (1 Day)
I attended level 1 course in Manchester. The day was a combination of theory and some practical. I learnt about food and wine pairings which was very useful. John made the day interesting and fun. The exam at the end was quite easy as John had given us a very comprehensive day. Julie L
Wine and Spirit Education Trust Level 1 Award in Wines, Spirits or Sake
Who is this Qualification For?
The WSET® Level One Award is a self contained, one day course for anyone employed in, or about to start their first job in wine, spirits or Sake. It is aimed at those working in restaurants and bars for example, but also staff of retail and wholesale companies. It is a good starting point for members of the public who would like to study the subject formally as well.
It provides those with their first job involving the storage and service of wine, spirits or Sake with the basic skills and knowledge they need. Topics covered include the major styles, storage and service and food matching.
Do I Need to Have Any Tasting Experience or Knowledge?
No because this is an introduction suitable for beginners. You just need the desire to learn about the wonderful world of wine, spirits or Sake. Successful completion means that you will get a certificate.
Book with us and get extra support & advice FREE from our membership area. This includes online exam style questions with answers and much more.