We have been asked by potential WSET students what an Approved Programme Provider is:
What Are They?
- APP’s are external bodies, which offer WSET Wine and Spirits qualifications. They have undergone a rigorous ratification procedure by the Wine and Spirit Education Trust in order to be allowed to do this.
- To make sure that students receive wine and spirit education that is of the same high standard throughout the world, they are regularly monitored.
- There are around 700 APP’s around the world offering courses from Levels 1 up to the Level 4 Diploma. Northern Wine School offers Levels 1 to 3 in both standalone Wine and Spirits.
What Do APP’s Do?
- Maintain the high standards required in the form of teaching and examination facilities, as well as learning materials and samples.
- Agree to meet WSET policy requirements-for example students with special needs.
- Comply with the WSET examination code of practice.
- Provide competent, qualified staff for teaching and for invigilating the exams.
- Make sure the integrity and quality of WSET qualifications are safeguarded.