Terms and Conditions
Payment Terms & Refund/Cancellation Policy
- Full payment is required at time of booking.
- Our ticketing system is fully electronic. Your booking confirmation acts as your event ticket, which you should receive within 24 hours. Unless a gift certificate is ordered, in which case this will be emailed electronically to the email address supplied by the buyer within 24 hours. Please check that your email address is spelled correctly at time of purchase, and that email@example.com is saved to your trusted contacts list. If you have not received anything from us after 24 hours, please check your spam folder first before contacting us.
- Tickets are non refundable but you may send a substitute. However if sufficient notice is given (at least 1 week before the event & 2 weeks for the Saturday tastings with lunch or Gin and afternoon tea), then attendees may make one complimentary transfer onto a course of the same value at a later date. Subsequent transfers are subject to a £6.50 admin fee.
- We cannot accept notice less than 1 week before the event (2 weeks for the Saturday lunches, steak and red wine or gin and afternoon tea) except in exceptional circumstances. This will be at management's discretion. This is because we have to pay the venue and buy the wine in advance. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Northern Wine School reserves the right to cancel events if insufficient bookings are taken on a specific date. In which case, a full refund will be offered or a transfer onto the same course, or a different course of equal value, at a later time.
- We reserve the right to change the venue prior to the event. In which case, as much notice as possible will be given to attendees. The venue will still be centrally located, and we will endeavour to make it as accessible as the original.
- All tickets and communications regarding your booking or gift voucher purchase will be sent via email to the email account specified at registration/purchase. Please ensure you have firstname.lastname@example.org set to your trusted accounts to avoid important information being filtered out into spam. Please ensure your email address is spelled correctly.
- For the Saturday lunches and Gin and afternoon tea events, we need to preorder numbers, menu choices and any dietary requirements a week in advance with the venues we use. Please ensure you relay this to us in good time when asked. In the event of not hearing from you, we will have to order on your behalf. We cannot be held responsible for dietary requirements if you have not communicated this in advance.
'Last Minute' Ticket Terms
These special offers are exclusive to the named event, and are non refundable or transferable to another. On purchase, you are agreeing to attend the specified date and time. You may send someone else in your place if you later find that you can no longer attend.
All guests must be at least 18 years old on the date of attendance of the event. We operate a challenge 25 policy. If we believe anyone is under the age of 25, we will ask for valid ID. If satisfactory ID cannot be produced, we reserve the right to refuse entry to the event. Please ensure you bring appropriate ID with you. Valid forms of ID accepted are passports, or UK/EU driver's licence (full or provisional).