Sake Courses & Tastings Manchester
Introduction to Sake & Certified Sake Sommelier Courses. WSET Level 1 Award in Sake
NEW! Virtual Introduction to Sake tasting. Enjoy from the comfort of your own home, we post the samples to you.
- Postage of 4 x 50ml premium Sake samples plus instructions to a UK mainland address
- A 1.5 hour Zoom guided tasting, led by a Certified Sake Educator. Includes free Q&A time on anything Sake related.
- Downloadable tasting notes PDF and other useful resources for further reading
- A personalised certificate of completion from the Sake Sommelier Association for all participants, sent after the event.
7pm 2nd July 2020. £45 per person.
- Learn the origins and history of Sake, and how it is made.
- Discover the diversity available today, through a guided tasting of five of the different styles. Samples will include sparkling Sake, and a premium Gingo or Daiginjo.
- Experience the etiquette and service behind Sake, one of the most versatile and forgiving drinks, by enjoying it at a range of temperatures first hand.
- From a relaxed, informative introductory evening, to more serious vocational qualifications, there’s an event for every Sake enthusiast.
- Great present for lovers of Japanese food and culture. We can create a gift voucher, on request.
- Ideal for anyone wanting to diversify their professional alcoholic beverage knowledge, through a globally recognised and respected educational body.
- Also a great introduction for your front of house service, or shop floor staff to help boost sales through improved knowledge and confidence.
Makes a fantastic present for any lover of Japanese food and culture. This course is also for those who love Sake and want to understand it better, or develop and diversify their skills in the drinks industry.
Sake Sommelier Association-Introduction to Sake, Manchester
- A two hour guided tasting led by a Certified Sake Sommelier.
- Five different tasting samples, covering a range of styles including sparkling Sake and a premium Ginjo or Daiginjo
- A complete set of tasting notes featuring each Sake sampled.
- Attendees receive an official certificate of participation from the Sake Sommelier Academy, exquisitely printed on fine Japanese paper.
From the origins and etiquette of sake, to its ingredients and production – this is a unique opportunity for enthusiasts to further their understanding of one of the world’s most complex and enigmatic drinks. This course includes some of the finest sake available and guests receive a certificate for their participation.
Course Dates For introduction to Sake
Friday 5th June 2020
101 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 6DD
Sake Sommelier Association- Certified Sake Sommelier Course
- A detailed, two week course led by a Certified Sake Sommelier.
- Over 20 different tasting samples, covering a range of styles including Junmai, Honjozo, sparkling Sake and a premium Ginjo or Daiginjo.
- Successful candidates receive a certificate and pin badge from the Sake Sommelier Academy, and right to use Certified Sake Sommelier post nominal.
Week 1 (Day 1- Module 1):
The history and culture of Sake
Sake terminology and classifications
Sake tasting by designation
Week 2: Working Professionally with Sake (Day 2 – Module 2). On day 2 we consider the wider aspects of the sake industry including:
Maturity, temperature and aromatic profiles.
Sake tasting by type
How to introduce sake to customers
Professional issues including Sake labels, storage and Sake vessels
Umami and its relationship to Sake.
Exam on afternoon of Week 2: 45 minutes, closed book. Pass grade is 65%.
Part 1: A 40 question multiple-choice paper.
Part 2: A tasting examination that will assess a candidate’s ability to accurately describe Sake, and draw conclusions based on these observations.
Course Dates For Certified Sake Sommelier
Course Dates For WSET Level 1 Award in Sake