Level 3 Wines Section 3 Part 16: Questions
1. In Beaujolais production is dominated by red wines made from:
2. The climate suits the Gamay variety because it is:
3. The best wines are made from grapes grown in the granite soils with high levels of nutrients:
4. What is gobelet?
5. What sort of characteristics has Gamay wine?
6. What is the correct hierachy of appellations in Beaujolais, lowest to highest?
7. Which part of the area is the major source of Beaujolais Nouveau?
8. When is Beaujolais Nouveau released to the consumer?
9. How many villages have the right to call their wine Beaujolais Villages?
10. Of the ten Beaujolais Crus villages which produces the most structured wines?