Level 3 Wines Section 2 Part 9: Questions
1. Why is red wine making more involved than white wine making?
2. What is cold maceration?
3. Red wine fermentation temperatures usually range between:
4. What happens when the red wine fermentation temperature exceeds 35 degrees centigrade?
5. What is known as the cap?
6. Which of these is NOT a cap management technique?
7. What is Intra Cellular Fermentation?
8. What is the term used to describe placing whole uncrushed bunches of grapes into vats WITHOT filling the vats with carbon dioxide?
9. The trend for wine makers to mature their premium red wines entirely in small new oak barrels is INCREASING:
10. Grape growing areas responsible for high volume inexpensive wines tend to be:
11. What may need to be added to these high volume inexpensive red wines to raise acidity?
12. Napa valley, a classic region for Cabernet Sauvignon varieties is in:
13. Besides Cabernet Sauvignon what is considered the other great grape of Bordeaux?
14. Which method often produces the most delicately coloured rosé wines?
15. In rosé wine making oak is often used:
16. What sort of climate does Pinot Noir like?
17. Which region in New Zealand produces high quality Pinot Noirs?
18. Pinot Noir is NOT usually blended with other grape varieties:
19. Why is Syrah suitable for long term ageing?
20. Which of these is NOT a Shiraz producing area in Australia?
Course & Events Menu:-