Level 3 Wines Section 3 Part 15: Questions
1. What are the climatic ranges in Burgundy?
2. Rain, frost and hailstorms are all climatic hazards in Burgundy:
3. The most desirable vineyard locations are:
4. The vast majority of wines in Burgundy are produced from:
5. In its youth what are the classic Pinot Noir flavours?
6. Chardonnay can NOT mature in the bottle:
7. Which other two minor grape varieties are used in Burgundy?
8. What is the only grape variety permitted in Chablis?
9. In Chablis what are some of the lesser wines classified as?
10. Producers NEVER ferment or age their Grand Cru wines in old oak:
11. In The Côte d’Or where are many of the fullest bodied longest lived Pinot Noirs produced?
12. Which of these is a key village of The Côte de Nuites?
13. What is The Côte de Beaune famous for producing?
14. Which of these villages has one of the highest reputations for white wine?
15. Bourgogne Rouge and Bourgogne Blanc can come from anywhere in Burgundy:
16. What other term for village is sometimes used on the wine label?
17. Which term denotes the best wines from Burgundy?
18. Where is The Côte Chalonnaise?
19. Which Côte Chalonnaise appellation is an important centre for the production of sparkling wine?
20. What does the term Bourgogne Cote Chalonnaise apply to?
21. In The Mâconnais the red wines tend to be made from Gamay:
Course & Events Menu:-