Please note that these are OUR exam STYLE questions. They are NOT past papers and were not produced by or copied from WSET exams
1. The flavours in wines made from Merlot are citrus and green fruit based.
2. You will be able to detect flavours and aromas more easily if the bowl of your glass narrows at the rim.
3. Chablis is a medium dry wine from Italy.
4. Fermentation starts when carbon dioxide is added to the grapes.
5. Champagne is made from Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
6. The skin of a black grape contains tannins.
7. If your food is salty your wine will seem more acidic and less fruity.
8. Pinot Noir produces wines with apple and citrus flavours.
9. Black grapes cannot be used to make white wine.
10. Chilling the bottle will help to reduce the pressure when opening sparkling wine.
11. For long term storage wines need to be kept in warm conditions.
12. Pinot Grigio is only grown in Italy.
13. The aromas of Sauvignon Blanc include apple, lemon and cut grass.
14. The abv of Fortified wine ranges between 8% and 14%.
15. Sparkling wines are only made in France and Italy.
16. Rose wines are made from black grapes.
17. French Beaujolais has low levels of tannin.
18. California makes full-bodied wine from Cabernet Sauvignon.
19. All Sherries and Ports are sweet.
20. Storing wine in oak will give wine flavours of vanilla, cloves, cedar and coconut.
Course & Events Menu:-
Please select a template first