Level 3 Wines Section 3 Part 45: Questions
A short final part covering "Fortified Muscat" bring us to the end of the book. How many of our questions can you answer after studying this section?
1. What are the common characteristics of different Muscat grape varieties?
2. What are youthful unaged muscats like?
3. Where does Muscat de Beaumes-de-Venise come from?
4. Raisining or drying the grapes after picking to concentrate grape sugars is usually practised for unaged Muscats
5. What is the ABV level of the grape spirit used to fortify unaged Muscats?
6. Where do some of the best luscious style aged Muscats come from?
7. Why must excessive raisining be avoided?
8. Aged Muscats undergo a period of oxidative ageing that can last for decades:
9. What vessel is used to age these Muscats?
10. How are the very oldest wines given an aromatic lift?