Level 3 Wines Section 3 Part 33: Questions
Study the "California" chapter carefully and check your revision by tackling this set of questions.
1. How far do the vineyards of California extend North to South?
2. Latitude plays a very important part in determining the vineyard’s climate in California:
3. What is the most crucial influence on a vineyard’s climate?
4. What other factor links all California’s wine regions?
5. What is the most widely planted black grape in California?
6. What is White Zinfandel?
7. Which area has the largest plantings of simple Merlot?
8. Chardonnay is the most planted grape variety of either colour:
9. Where do the best Sauvignon Blanc wines come from in California?
10. Where is The Napa Valley?
11. What AVA of The Napa Valley produces premium Cabernet Sauvignon wines?
12. The most significant influences in The Napa Valley are the morning fogs and cool afternoon breezes:
13. The red wines of The Napa Valley sides tend to have greater levels of:
14. What is The Russian River Valley AVA best known for?
15. What grape varieties used to make aromatic white wines are grown in Anderson Valley AVA?
16. What are the two main regions of The Central Coast?
17. Where do many of the high volume inexpensive Californian wines come from?
18. Which new grape variety has been developed in The Central Valley to exploit the hot dry region?
19. Which AVA is home to the oldest and best Zinfandel vineyards in the state?
20. Sonoma County is larger than Napa County with a greater variety of climates: