Level 3 Wines Section 3 Part 31: Questions
Now study "Portugal" in your book carefully before answering these questions to aid your revision.
1. What partly accounts for the diversity of wine styles found in Portugal?
2. What is the name of the coastal wine region in North West Portugal?
3. What is the significant feature of the climate in Vinho Verde?
4. What are the characteristics of classic white Vinho Verde wines?
5. Which local grape varieties are used in the white wines?
6. Traditionally Vinho Verde wines have a slight sparkling sensation:
7. What traditional term is still used on the label in Portugal for PGI wines?
8. No black varieties are grown in Vinho Verde:
9. What is wine production in The Douro dominated by?
10. How many principal varieties are used in the production of Port?
11. Which grape variety that gives the highest quality is the most well known in Douro?
12. What variety are the best Dao white wines made from?
13. What are the characteristics of the Baga black grape variety from Bairrada?
14. Another name for the grape variety Aragones is Garnache:
15. What is the largest ‘Vinho Regional’ in terms of production?