Level 3 Wines Section 3 Part 23: Questions
Study the chapter "Austria" here and then reinforce your learning by doing these questions.
1. Vineyards are found across the WHOLE of Austria:
2. What sort of climate do the vineyard areas in Austria have?
3. What is the main white grape variety grown?
4. Why is Welschriesling another well planted popular variety?
5. Where do the best examples of Riesling come from?
6. How are Austrian wines WITHOUT a GI labelled?
7. How many permitted grape varieties can be labelled Qualitatswein?
8. What is the name of the classification between Beerenauslese and Trockenbeerenauslese?
9. How is Strohwein specially treated?
10. The MOST WIDELY planted black grape variety Zweigelt is a cross between Blaufrankisch and St. Laurent: