Level 3 Wines Section 2 Part 4: Questions
1. What is the main Eurasian species of vine?
2. How many important species of vine native to North America are there?
3. American vines make very good wine:
4. American vines are used:
5. How do American vines differ from Eurasian vines?
6. What is Phylloxera?
7. There are thousands of grape varieties belonging to the Vitis Vinifera species:
8. For the wine consumer the principal differences between grape varieties are variations in:
9. How is a grape variety grown or propagated?
10. What is a cutting?
11. What is layering?
12. A grape variety is a group of individual plants thar can all trace their lineage back to a single plant:
13. How can genuinely new grape varieties be created?
14. How long does it take for new grape variety seedlings to produce grapes?
15. How do vines support themselves?
16. What happens to the vine shoots in winter?
17. On a vine what is a cane?
18. For grape growers what is a hybrid?
19. Phylloxera can be controlled with chemicals:
20. What is grafting?