Level 3 Wines Section 1 Part 1: Questions
1. What does SAT stand for?
2. What was SAT designed to develop?
3. What is the Wine-Lexicon?
4. What is the ideal tasting environment?
5. Why should you be well hydrated when tasting wine?
6. What is the ideal tasting sample?
7. The vast majority of wines can be described as clear
8. At what angle should you hold the glass when assessing intensity?
9. What is the most common colour for white wines?
10. What is the most common colour for red wine?
11. What does the term “legs” mean when describing wine?
12. wines with Brettanomyces are often referred to as corked
13. What does MLF stand for?
14. Where do tertiary aromas have their origin?
15. All wines benefit from ageing
16. What are the main acids in wine?
17. For most people where is acidity detected most strongly?
18. Where are tannins mostly exrtacted from?
19. In fortified wine what alcohol level is generally classed as high?
20. Generally flavours on the palate should be the same as aromas detected on the nose