Level 3 Wines Section 3 Part 27: Questions
WE are studying "Northern Italy" now. As usual read the section and then attempt the questions.
1. Where are the vineyard regions of Northern Italy located?
2. What is The Pergola?
3. What is Italy’s most northerly wine region?
4. What are the main grape varieties grown in Trentino?
5. Malbec and Teroldego are the two MOST planted black grapes grown in Trentino
6. What are the characteristics of the Merlot wines from Friuli-Venezia Giulia?
7. What are the two well known Italian wines produced in Veneto?
8. Prosecco is a sparkling wine DOC the greater part of which is in Veneto:
9. What Italian white grape is the MAIN variety grown in Soave?
10. How is the wine labelled that is made using grapes from the foothills in Soave?
11. What is the MAIN grape in Valpolicella?
12. What is the Passito method?
13. Which of these wines can use the Ripasso method?
14. What is the name of the sweet white wine made in Soave by the Passito method?
15. There are NO IGT or IGP for the region of Piemonte:
16. Which of these is NOT one of the main black grapes for Piemonte?
17. What are the two MOST prestigious appellations for the region of Piemonte?
18. By law how long MUST Barbaresco DOCG be aged for?
19. What advantage does the grape variety Dolcetto have over Nebbiolo and Barbera?
20. What white grape variety is grown in the region of Gavi?
Course & Events Menu:-