Level 1 Wines. What is Wine?
The first chapter in the new book released by WSET September 2018
1. Wine is fermented grape juice:
2. How do wine makers release the sweet juice from the grapes?
3. What does the skin of a black grape contain?
4. What is the soft and fleshy inside of a grape called?
5. The grape juice is mostly made up of:
6. What is needed to change the grape juice into wine?
7. What is required in order for alcoholic fermentation to take place?
8. Besides alcohol what else is produced when yeast eats the sugar during alcoholic fermentation?
9. Both the alcohol and the carbon dioxide stay in the newly made wine after fermentation:
10. How is the level of alcohol within a wine usually measured?