Level 1 Wines. Food and Wine Pairing Set 1
1. The basic interactions between food and wine should not take into account individual preferences:
2. Salt and acid tend to make wines taste:
3. Sweetness in food increases the perception of:
4. Umami is a:
5. Umami in food decreases the perception of:
6. Which food illustrates Umami taste?
7. Many foods considered difficult to pair contain high levels of Umami without salt:
8. Acidity in food decreases the perception of:
9. Salt in food increases the perception of:
10. It is usually desirable for the flavour intensities of the food and wine to be matched:
11. Which of these is a high risk food?
12. Dishes high in chilli heat should be paired with:
13. What is a low risk wine?
14. Which wine works well with oysters?
15. A Sommelier should accept that guests may not agree with their pairings: