Level 1 Wines. Grape Varieties & How Wine is Made Set 1
1. Which of the following is a white grape variety?
2. Chardonnay, grown in cool climate wine making areas, produces wines which have
3. Which one of these named wines is made from Sauvignon Blanc?
4. Sauvignon Blanc has
5. A good Riesling develops aromas of petrol and dried apricot
6. Which of these is a black grape variety?
7. Which of these named wines contains Cabernet Sauvignon?
8. Merlot is traditionally blended with which other grape?
9. Pinot Noir has the following characteristics
10. White wine can be made from black grapes
11. The grape variety known as Syrah/Shiraz produces wines which have
12. Chablis is made in
13. Sancerre is made from
14. Champagne can be a blend of Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc
15. What helps red wines age and mature in the bottle?