Please note that these are OUR exam STYLE questions. They are NOT past papers and were not produced by or copied from WSET exams
1. The raw materials of any spirit must be plant based.
2. Alcohol is created by sugar.
3. After fermentation the alcoholic liquid is usually about 40%.
4. ABV means alcohol by volume.
5. Distillation means turning the alcoholic liquid into vapour by boiling it and then condensing the vapours back into liquid.
6. This new liquid will be less alcoholic than the original one.
7. Ethanol boils at a higher temperature than water.
8. All newly made spirit is sweet and colourless.
9. Brandy is a spirit always made from fruit.
10. Cognac is made from grapes.
11. Cognac can be made from any grapes from anywhere.
12. Most pot stills today are heated with steam jackets.
13. By law, cognac must be double distilled.
14. The newly made cognac must be aged in oak for at least 3 years.
15. XO cognac has been aged for at least 4 years.
16. Vodka can only be made from potatoes.
17. Column stills can be run continuously.
18. Most spirits are diluted with water before sale.
19. Dilution also adds flavour.
20. Most vodka is made to be as neutral as possible.
Course & Events Menu:-
Please select a template first