Northern Wine School
Spread the word

Join Our Online Wine and Spirit Student Forum

Our online forum is a great place to share your thoughts and to discuss your experiences. Learn from one another.

Register by leaving your email address and a user name. Or sign in with your Facebook account. A link will be sent to you, just click it and change your password to one you prefer. As a registered user you can join in with topics and start new ones. So do join us and become a part of this community!

Wine suggestions for this hot Uk weather  

RSS

Lindagaf
(@lindagaf)
28/06/2018 1:03 pm  

How about some ideas for picnics or barbecues in the garden? I'll start the ball rolling with a really low alcohol one from Lidl - Velada Moscatel - it's only 7.5% ABV and fizzy so really refreshing. Only £5.99 a bottle too.

ReplyQuote
vonlost
(@vonlost)
29/06/2018 9:32 am  

Southern Point Safari Chenin Chardonnay from Asda. Fiona Beckett recommended it in The Guardian as the best budget white for a barbecue. I see it's been reduced to £4.50 from £6 too! Lovely crisp white.

ReplyQuote
winejourney
(@winejourney)
02/07/2018 8:50 am  

Don't forget that some people get a bit fed up of crisp whites and roses. For red wine lovers what about a Zinfandel lightly chilled? The Most Wanted Zinfandel from Tesco is on offer at the moment, great for a barbecue and chilling slightly makes it even better.

ReplyQuote
sybbie917
(@sybbie917)
04/07/2018 9:54 am  

Sometimes a nice gin and tonic hits the spot better than wine in hot weather for me.

ReplyQuote
elegantred
(@elegantred)
26/07/2018 8:01 am  

Well this weather is still hot. Fiona Beckett had an article last weekend talking about reds suitable for this weather @winejourney I tried the Morrisons one and it was lovely and fruity. Highly recommended! The article is here:  https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jul/12/red-wine-warm-weather-summer

ReplyQuote
winejourney
(@winejourney)
26/07/2018 8:07 am  

Which red was it you tried @elegantred as I can see two from Morrisons suggested-a Shiraz and a Carmenere.

ReplyQuote
elegantred
(@elegantred)
26/07/2018 9:08 am  

Sorry @winejourney I forgot there were two. It was the Shiraz we tried .

ReplyQuote
Lindagaf
(@lindagaf)
03/08/2018 4:45 pm  

Hot again this weekend and I love a Rose in this weather! Terry Kirby in The Independent recently recommended two in my price range and I'm going to try both this weekend! 

Sud de France Rose from Aldi at £5.99 and one from Australia Burra Brook Rose 2017 £7.00 from Marks and Spencer.

Are you going to join me?

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register